Effective governance is key to the success of all education establishments, whether they are academies, free schools or local authority schools.
Governors have to hold their establishment to account, setting the strategic direction, vision and ethos and take responsibility for finance and staffing matters.
Our traded service offer includes:
• attendance at the termly clerks' briefings
• directors' briefings for governors and clerks
• delegate places at the annual governor conference
• delegate places at termly governing body development sessions, delivered by Leading Governance
• a telephone advice service and newsletter
• chair and governor forums
• one place per school on the National Clerks' Development Programme and National Chairs' Development Programme
• subscription for Gold Membership of the National Governors' Association
• subscription to GEL online training
• discounted bespoke courses delivered by a national leader of governance
We can also arrange the appointment of Local Authority Governors to the governing bodies of academies and maintained schools.