Our School Admissions team is experienced at processing main round and in-year admissions, whilst our Democratic Services team offers experience at managing the administration of school appeals.
Our statutory services, provided free of charge, include:
• co-ordinating admissions for main round applications into Reception, Year 3 for junior schools, Year 7 and Year 10 for studio schools
• working with all schools to make sure the admissions code of practice, locally agreed policies and legislative procedures are followed correctly
• carrying out our duty as admission authority to determine the admissions criteria for all community and voluntary controlled schools
• managing the appeals process for community and voluntary controlled schools
Although not a statutory duty, our School Admissions team also co-ordinates in-year admissions for the majority of Thurrock schools. This ensures a streamlined central contact point for parents who wish to apply for an in-year transfer.
Our traded service offer includes:
• administration of admission appeals in accordance with the latest codes and guidance for schools where the local authority is not the admissions authority