Providing free impartial tailored information, advice and guidance on any family matter
The Family Information Service is a statutory service providing free impartial tailored information, advice and guidance on any family matter.
This service is available to any family member taking care of children or young people aged 0 to 19 years-old inclusive – and up to 25 years-old for children and young people with special educational needs and disability – as well as professionals working with families in Thurrock.
Our statutory service offer includes information and advice on:
• childcare registered with Ofsted, including child-minders, day nurseries, pre-schools, out of school clubs and holiday schemes
• parent toddler groups, activities, clubs, sport and leisure for children, young people and families
• family support services, parenting support and early help services
• children's centre programmes
• youth provision and support services
• free early years education for all 2, 3 and 4 year-olds, and pupil premium
• getting help to pay for childcare – for example, tax free childcare, 30 hours, tax credits, child benefit
• childcare as a career or business, and setting up a nursery or becoming a child-minder
• early years, childcare and youth work training, jobs and qualifications