The Thurrock school Improvement Team provide high quality support, advice and challenge in the wide range of early years settings and schools across Thurrock.
We have a number of qualified teachers, welfare and 0 to 3 learning and development officers who can support early years' settings and schools in ensuring the best possible outcomes for our youngest children.
We have a proven track record of improving Ofsted outcomes.
Our service includes:
• information, support and advice on meeting Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) statutory requirements
• advice on the seven areas of learning and development
• EYFS data support
• support for assessment, observation and planning for child / adult-initiated learning
• learning environment support and guidance – indoors and outside
• EYFS leadership, Ofsted preparation and policy writing
• special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) advice and guidance
• behaviour advice and guidance
• transition – private, voluntary and independent (PVI) setting to school, Reception, Year 1
• EYFS audit of provision