Join us to develop your understanding of geography's core skills and knowledge through a course that will help you successfully lead primary geography and raise the standard of teaching and learning of the subject in your school.
Our main sessions will be themed around curriculum making, the role of the subject leader/how to lead geography and fieldwork. There will also be a session sharing our experiences of assessing in Primary Geography. All of this will be interspersed with some shorter practical sessions focusing upon sharing some high-quality ideas for teaching and learning in Primary Geography.
. Go away with a good sense of well-being having had a fun learning experience with like-minded colleagues
- Gain insight and understanding of a range of leadership and management tools to enable successful geography in your school
- Understand core geography knowledge and skills within the context of the national curriculum
- Consider factors that may influence how you plan your geography curriculum
- Examine a framework for assessment in geography
- Explore a range of practical ideas for teaching high-quality geography (including some cross-curricular opportunities).
To book your place please go to our website www.tptsa.org.uk and use our online booking form which can be found under the CPLD tab.